Daniel 2:28 – However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to king Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days.
September 11, 2001 is a day that will live in the hearts and minds of multitudes. Thousands were killed that day by terrorists driven by evil compulsion to change the world by eliminating those opposed to their theological persuasions. That day the world changed. No longer are we simply engaged with traditional struggles of corrupt philosophies and greed in the hearts of men, but a more sinister evil has manifested its ugly head. In 2001, as we watched planes crash into the Twin Towers and more than 3,000 people lost their lives, we saw the beginning of a battle that will last to the Coming of Our Lord.
Consider seven major changes that are taking place in the world.
- Geo-political – the overturning of dictatorships through-out the nations and ongoing conflict over geography.
- The Middle East – prominence of tribalism in relationship to the world community.
- Communist Nations that have embraced capitalism as a means of economic prosperity.
- Education – built on values now being controlled by relativism, humanism and false science.
- Economics – having left a gold standard in 1973 for a dependence upon a federal reserve system that borrows and prints money when desired.
- Sexual Orientation – once clear to be “male and female” now filled with all kinds of mixture.
- Climate Changes – being touted as man induced, not understanding God’s control of the elements for his own purposes.
The Lord desires to give to His people a heavenly perspective. There are plenty of places one can go to learn the world’s views. Just watch CNN, FOX, or worse. The battles we are engaged in do not originate in the natural, but come from the supernatural realm. If God’s people are bound to their natural reasoning they will have no more understanding than the world does.
Daniel the prophet found himself caught in the geo-political struggles of His day, but he knew that the “God of heaven was the one in control. He knew that a relationship with his God was the key to understanding the world and his own people’s success in their time of distress.
We must know in our heart of hearts that Daniel’s God is our God and He alone is in control of world events. As we prepare to remember 9/11, let us also remember that God is taking back His earth through the Gospel of the kingdom. We, God’s people, need to pray as Daniel of old prayed, trusting that God will reveal to us His plans for our day, and show us how to respond.
Father, I pray that I might have understanding in this changing world. I pray to receive Your wisdom and Your peace. I pray that I would learn to rest in Your word that is forever settled. Lead me each day by Your Holy Spirit dwelling within.