The Overcoming Life Comes from God
The overcoming life comes from God on the basis of faith. Overcoming is through the power of His resurrection life and through daily fellowship that we have with Him. It is a fellowship, at times, that is in His sufferings, which causes us to be conformed to His death. Yes, the devil will come back at some point to see if any weak areas have surfaced. May he find us standing strong in Christ and quickly leave! Remember, beloved, what the apostle John said:
You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 NASB
As the “Last Adam,” the victory of Jesus over the devil in the wilderness established His daily walk before His heavenly Father. His victory over the devil by the Word of God brought about the following:
- Domination over the kingdom of darkness in His earthly ministry
- Authority as heaven’s King over the leaders of Israel who had come to hate Jesus
- His final battle in the Garden of Gethsemane before His trumped-up trial by choosing the Father’s will
- His death on the cross
- His descent into hell with our sins
- His resurrection which was His final blow to Satan and Satan’s kingdom who is now forever defeated
We are now called to walk in the power of His resurrection life. We walk out this life in community as the corporate body of Christ. We have the mandate to clean up, with the help of the Holy Spirit, the mess that the devil made and to disciple the nations as commissioned in Matthew 28, which is to teach the nations all that He taught His apostles and that they have passed on to us through the written Word.